Navigate Up
Sign In

School of Continuing Education
Harkins Hall, Room 109
Phone: 401-865-2487

Admission & Application Information

Degree and Certificate Programs

If you plan to pursue a bachelor’s degree, associate’s degree, or certificate program.** you must submit an application, which is also available upon request at the School of Continuing Education office. We also recommend you meet with one of our advisers, who will help you plan your program.

** No application is required for the CORE program


In order to be accepted into a degree or certificate program, you must have earned at least a high school diploma (or GED).  Transfer students, click here.

Non-degree Study

If you wish to take courses for personal enrichment or to prepare for application to an undergraduate or graduate degree, you are not required to complete an application and may register as a non-degree (ND) student. Ordinarily, credits you earn as a non-degree student can be applied toward a degree program later. However, you will be required to follow the curriculum and requirements in place at the time of your admission into a degree program.

Ready to Apply?

Review our Guide to Applying and Getting Started​.

Note: If you have been dismissed or placed on academic probation at another collegiate institution or by the Providence College Undergraduate School, you must wait at least one full academic year before the School of Continuing Education will consider your application for admission. You must also complete one semester at SCE as a non-degree student and earn a grade point average of 2.0 or better.

As provided by the Jeanne Clery Disclosure of Campus Security Policy and Campus Crime Statistics Act of 1998, prospective students and employees are entitled to request and receive a copy of the College’s Annual Security Report. The Report includes statistics regarding crime reported to have occurred either on campus or on public property adjacent to campus. The Report provides information about campus safety policies and practices, including how to report sexual assault and other crimes, crime prevention efforts, policies/laws governing alcohol and drugs, victims’ assistance programs, student discipline, and resources. The Report is available on-line or by written request to: Providence College, Director of Safety and Security, 1 Cunningham Square. Providence RI. 02818-0001.

Catholic and Dominican

What does it mean to be a Catholic and Dominican college? We invite you to explore this question and the distinctive mission of Providence College.
About Providence College's Catholic and Dominican Identity