Advertising is a necessity for successful student programs and a growing membership. With this in mind, it is important for all student groups to follow the college’s advertising guidelines (listed in full on the Successful Event Planning Guide webpage
• Flyers and posters must bear the name of the sponsoring organization(s) and must be removed within 24 hours after the completion or cancellation of an event. Departments granting posting approval have the right to deny any advertising materials based on inappropriate content, lack of information, date or location of event, or any other concerns.
• Posting on kiosks across campus and in or around the Slavin Center must be approved by the SAIL Office. The SAIL Office is unable to approve more than five flyers or posters for any given event.
• The posting of flyers and posters within the residence halls is prohibited without the express permission of the Dean of Residence Life or a designee.
• Students wishing to post in Raymond Dining Hall must obtain permission from Sodexo management.
• All posted materials must be hung in covered bulletin boards or on campus kiosks. Flyers and posters found within the residence halls, campus kiosks, or in areas not approved for posting will immediately be removed, and the person or sponsoring group responsible for the posting will be subject to disciplinary action.
• Advertising must not offer profanity, nudity, or other content not suitable for general audiences.
• Alcohol must never be the main focus of advertisements. Advertising for any event featuring alcohol must include the phrase “with proper ID.”