Policies and Regulations
Each person who uses the Peterson Recreation Center and/or the Concannon Fitness Center as a member has an obligation to observe and follow all the rules and regulations regarding the facility; as well as directives from the Recreational Sports staff. These regulations regarding the facility and directives are needed to ensure that the facilities are used appropriately and courteously for the good of all Peterson Recreation and Concannon Fitness Centers members, guests, and visitors.
Each member should be in a condition of fitness appropriate for the activity in which he/she engages. The College does not require that members submit evidence of such fitness, but assumes that members will not engage in activities which might put him/her at medical risk because of lack of conditioning or not following medical guidelines specified by members' doctor.
The Membership/ID card is the official access document required to enter the both Facilities. Any persons within the facilities may be asked to produce a Membership/ID card at any time, and if not produced may be asked to leave the facilities.
- Spouse and children of full time faculty and staff as well as retired faculty/staff members will be eligile to purchase a membership to the Peterson Rec and Concannon Fitness Centers.
- Children must be between 16-18 years of age to qualify for a full access membership.
- Children under the age of 16 will only be allowed to use the Peterson facility, and only during scheduled family hours (Fri, noon - 10pm and all day on weekends)
- Children under 16 must be accompanied and DIRECTLY SUPERVISED AT ALL TIMES (SAME ROOM) BY AT LEAST ONE PARENT TO USE ANY FACILITY OR AREA.
- No one under 16 will be allowed to use the Concannon Fitness Center at any time- NO EXCEPTIONS. Positive proof of age will be required of all Concannon Center users in question.
- All family members 16 years of age and older will be issued a membership ID card, which they must have with them at all times. A drivers license or birth certificate and picture ID will be required for proof of age for all family members between the ages of 16-18 at the time of purchase.
- Any family member who is 18 years of age will be held to the following policy. If the 18 year old family member turns 19 before March 1st they will be allowed to buy a 1/2 year membership at a reduced rate of $25. If the 18 year old family member turns 19 on or after March 1st they will be allowed to continue their membership until August 31st.
Courteous use of the facilities by all members is encouraged. Profanity and obscenities are both discourteous and not in keeping with the mission statement and image of Providence College. Actions, which threaten, damage, or harm others, oneself, or property will be addressed, and may lead to suspension or termination of membership privileges.
- Absolutely NO TOBACCO products are allowed anywhere in either facility.
- NO ALCOHOL during operational hours, alcohol consumption is reserved for designated functions and activities.
- NO weapons allowed in the building.
- Appropriate clothing must be worn at all times (sneakers, shirts, shoes, sweats, etc.) Cutoff jeans are not acceptable swim attire. Anyone wearing clothing containing messages or slogans deemed obscene will be asked to replace/cover that article of clothing. No five-fingered shoes are permitted. Sports bras worn alone are prohibited.
- NO marking shoes on court surfaces.
- NO animals in the building.
- NO radios allowed in the building. Headsets may be used.
- NO cell phone use is allowed in the fitness center
- NO bicycles in the building.
- NO hanging on the basketball rims.
- Activity and locker areas must be vacated upon request for closing purposes. Thirty (30) and fifteen (15) minute warnings will be given.
- All patrons are required to re-rack their weights.
- NO dropping of weights or weight stacks is permitted. Doing so may result in suspension or termination of membership privileges.