Sakai for Faculty
Sakai is the learning management system used at Providence College.
It enables faculty to post course materials, have interactive online discussions, maintain a course gradebook, and offer online testing. Academic departments can use the Connect site to contact majors and minors. Committee sites are also available for posting agenda and other documents
and messaging members.
Download or print the handy PDF Guide "Getting Ready", with notes on Syllabus, Course Materials, and Gradebook in Sakai.
Using Sakai this summer?
- Post your syllabus now so students have access before the first class meeting.
- Set up the gradebook allowing students to track their progress throughout the semester.
Over 80% of our students surveyed during the fall ranked “use of the Sakai gradebook” as important. The gradebook even allows you to add comments to a grade to keep the
- Publish your site. Just click “Publish Now” in the upper left of your course, and the site is now available to your students.
- Let your students know the site is available by sending an email via the Messages tool.
- Staring at old courses? Extra clicks to find your spring courses? Customize your Sakai
- Wants some hands-on help? Schedule one-on-one training. Visit the ITDP website
for more information.
Can’t find what you need?