Game Consoles and Other Devices
Game consoles, set top boxes (Apple TV, Roku, Fire TV, etc), smart TVs, and other devices that don't support enterprise 802.1x wireless networks can connect to the Internet in one of two ways.
- Each dorm room and bedroom in the apartments and suites has 1 active ethernet jack. The device can be plugged into that jack.
- The devices can be connect to the PC-Devices wireless network. PC-Devices requires that the MAC address of the device be registered with the Helpdesk. See information on PC-Devices below.
The PC-Devices wireless network is limited to internet access only. It cannot access any internal campus resources other than those that can be accessed off campus (such as email, Sakai, CyberFriar, and the college website).
If you wish for your device to have more access than this, which is not generally necessary to receive the full user experience from these devices, you should connect it via ethernet.
Connect to PC-Devices
- Connect your device to the PC-Devices wireless network.
- Look up the MAC address of your device (Find Your MAC Address).
- On your computer, visit the Device Registration system and log in with your network account (same as your Sakai account).
- Fill out and submit the form.
- Once it has been submitted successfully, you should restart your registered device to gain access to the Internet.
- If you have trouble, please call (401-865-4357) or email (firstname.lastname@example.org) the Helpdesk and provide your device's MAC address, your network username, and the type of device being registered.