Approved SCE Fall Courses - Fall 2015
FALL 2015 SCE Course Registration Opens July 6
Dear Juniors and Seniors-
SCE (School of Continuing Education) course registration for fall 2015 is approaching. As upperclassmen, you are permitted to take one SCE course each semester as part of your full-time course load of five. Please understand that registration in SCE courses is very limited, typically only 5 seats are available per course for day school (UG) students. It is especially competitive to register for a core requirement. Please take note of the risks of dropping a day school (i.e., “UG” in CyberFriar) course from your current fall schedule hoping to register for an SCE course: if you are not successful in registering for the SCE course, there is a good possibility that you will not regain your seat in the day course that you dropped. So be careful to check that there are seats available before you drop a day school course!
I have outlined the registration process below, detailing important dates, times and procedures. Good luck and please do not hesitate to contact the Dean’s Office, if you require further assistance.
(Fr.) Mark D. Nowel, O.P., Ph.D.
Dean of Undergraduate & Graduate Studies
POINTS THAT YOU ARE REQUIRED TO KNOW BEFORE REGISTERING FOR AN SCE COURSE
1. UG Dean’s APPROVED SCE COURSE LIST: You must review the UG Dean’s Approved SCE Course List. The list below will tell you whether we accept the SCE course in the day school (UG) and how it will be applied to your program of study (core; major; elective). If you see a course in CyberFriar that is NOT on the approved list, you CANNOT take this course. You are responsible for ensuring that the course that you register for will count toward your degree requirements.
PLEASE TAKE SPECIAL NOTE OF UG COURSE EQUIVALENCY.
2. ALT PIN: You must register in CyberFriar using the “ALT PIN” that was issued to you for fall registration. If you do not remember your ALT PIN, contact Enrollment Services at 401.865.1033.
3. UG CRN (Course Registration Number): You will register in CyberFriar using the UG CRNs found on the approved course list. SCE courses that are approved for (UG) day students have the designation of “U” in the section area. Example: NSC 113 U01. IF YOU ATTEMPT TO REGISTER WITH THE “CRN” RESERVED FOR (EW) SCE STUDENTS, YOU WILL BE BLOCKED FROM REGISTRATION.
4. Only One SCE COURSE PER SEMESTER: Please do NOT register for more than 1 SCE course, because the Dean’s Office will remove you from the 2nd course.
5. OVER-ENROLLMENT: If the course is closed, you may request permission to over-enroll by completing the SCE over-enrollment form found on the SCE website. This form is to be submitted to the School of Continuing Education Office in Harkins 109. Decisions regarding over-enrollment will not be made until the first week of classes. Thus, the closed SCE course should be your “plan B” and, seniors in particular, should make every attempt to find day school courses rather than take a chance with SCE over-enrollment.
6. Please consult your class dean regarding additional courses (courses beyond a normal course-load of 5.)
CyberFriar Registration Dates and Times
Seniors (class of 2016)
Juniors (class of 2017)